Monday, September 14, 2009

August Camping Trip

This August we were able to camping with our good friends Doug and Julie and their little boy. We had a lot of fun, but it was way too short. We went up to Grand Jean. It was a beautiful place and the kids had a lot of fun playing. There was creek that ran around the whole campground that we were able to play in both days. It was very hot for the mountains 95 degrees when we arrived at 4:30.

Grand Jean




Doug and David after fixing everyone breakfast. Amy had the camera, I thought she did a great job.


This campsite that we picked had a ton of boulders. It was really cool in the daytime and the kids had fun playing on them, but at night it was quite dangerous. There was one rock by the picnic table that everyone would trip on. Not the best choice at night.


Amy took this picture of Parker and I. It is a little blurry, but I thought it turned out cute.


We had found this little lap desk at the DI before we came up camping. It has a place to put crayons and paper on the inside. She carried it everywhere she went. There was some kids next to us that were her age and she kept running over to play with them. Amy's questions every time we have camped is, "Where are all the people?" and "Who will I play with?" She was happy to see there were kids right next to us. We had to just make sure she didn't over stay her welcome. Her Daddy's idea of camping is to be as far away from people as possible.



Amy throwing rocks into the water.


In between throwing rocks both the kids enjoyed climbing on this old log.

David made is way out to this big boulder.


Here is almost everyone together. Parker and I are not in the picture. Amy was trying to get off when I tried to get the picture.

2 comments:

birdeeb said...

Looks like a fun time! If you go again let me know...I LOVE to camp ;o) That is if you want us ;o) And usually it won't include Chris cause he works when I can go :o(

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Cute pictures!