Saturday, June 12, 2010
Free fishing day
We went to free fishing day again this year. Our friend Doug and his son came with us. The kids had fun once we started to catch fish. We took the advice of this random guy and he told us to go done the road to this other pond because the fish were biting there, but not at the fish hatchery pond. So we walked down there and had no luck and neither was anyone around us. So we decided to head back to the fish hatchery. We were not catching fish as quickly as we did last year, but we ended up catching 5 fish. Amy would have like to cast (she has been practicing and is pretty good), but there was way too many people and we were right under a tree. Only dad was successful at casting in this spot. It is fun to watch the kids. The fun doesn't last as long as dad would like though. He would have rather fished all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I love the look on Dave's face...he is a proud papa! I got to take the kids fishing in WA and the only thing Amelia caught was my hand!!! We were walking on the trail to the little lake and I walked in front of her and I thought the hook was on the end of the line and I quickly found out it was at the top of her pole...it came out quick though! We had no luck, but it was fun to get out with them and practice fishing ;o)
Post a Comment