Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cleaning with Amy

Today Amy and I cleaned the bathrooms together. She loved every minute of it. She wanted to try everything, but I wouldn't let her do the tub or the toilet because of the chemicals. She is always begging me to let her clean with me. I wish I loved to clean as much as she does. It is hard to let her clean with me because it takes a lot longer, but I know I need to. She usually says "Thanks for letting me clean Mom." I know I should also enjoy it while it lasts. I have a feeling this is something they lose as they get older.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny. To bad we couldn't keep that cleaning helpfulness in them somehow.

Jaymie Quigley said...

Good job teaching the principle of cleaning. Take advantage of it while you can (Shaylee cleaned half a bathroom by herself yesterday).

birdeeb said...

Yeah it's good to let them help because if we always push them away they won't ever want to do it. Oh and I have found if I clean the toys up all the time for the kids they don't learn how to clean up...ugh! ;o) Amelia LOVES to clean...and when I tell the kids, "Who wants to help momma?" They come running. I love that ;o)